We promise to take into consideration the environmental, social, and economic impact in every aspect of our business.
Environmental Considerations… because we believe in a positive, healthier indoor and outdoor environment for our clients:
- We use Green Seal or EcoLogo branded products. (Cleanvia.com)
- We reduce our carbon footprint by carpooling and grouping clients in the same neighborhood on the same day.
- Encouraging all our clients to implement a recycling program.
- We are moving going paper-less by using online management applications.
- Eventually, someday, we hope to have a fleet of vehicles that run on recycled waste vegetable oil and/or bio-diesel.
- Even our reused recycling bin is recyclable. It’s ugly, but it works!
- We buy concentated product and buy in bulk to reduce packaging.
Social Considerations… because we believe ethical, sustainable business practices make for happy communities:
- Fostering relationships with local vendors who are also have socially and ecologically responsible business practices.
- We try to keep our overhead and operating costs to a minimum to pay our employees a higher than average wage.
- All employees (even part-time) get paid time off.
- We have on-going education programs for our employees so they can educate our clients about simple, effective changes to make their lives ‘greener’.
Economic Considerations… because we believe in a strong, independent economy:
- We buy local whenever possible. (Clean Via is a Portland company!)
- We educate and encourage our employees and clients to support local businesses.
- We offer a “price matching” service to our commercial clients to upgrade their janitorial service to a quality, sustainable one without affecting their margins. (*Some exclusions apply. Contact us for more details.)
We are a small, local company, not a franchise. We hire employees, not independent contractors. We are licensed, bonded, insured and we’re all background checked. We use only nontoxic products because we care about your health, your family’s health, our staff’s health. We are reliable, professional, highly trained, and easy to communicate with.
We tend to send our All-Stars out on solo missions only. It encourages accountability and that you get the highest quality clean every time. Occasionally you may get two people cleaning your home, but you don’t need to worry about having to pay more for your cleaning. It just means that we’ll be faster.
We accept a few different forms of payment depending on what works best for you. Cash or check is preferable. If you leave cash, please leave it in a sealed envelope. Checks can be left out anywhere we will find it. If you prefer the convenience of paying by card, we can send you a PayPal invoice if that would be easier for you. There is a 5% fee for this though. For our commercial clients we do offer monthly invoicing which happens at the end of every month and payment is expected by the 15th of the following month.
Of course! Just let us know you want regular receipts and we’ll be sure to get those emailed over to you regularly.
Nope, not at all. Sometimes it’s nice to be able to introduce ourselves and get a quick tour around, especially if it’s your first cleaning, but it’s not required because we already have detailed notes about your space and your preferences. We will need to know how to get into your home, but should have arranged that with you ahead of time.
We send reminder emails about 2 days before your scheduled cleaning. That gives you a heads up that we’re planning on coming, as well as a chance to let us know at least 24 hours before your schedule cleaning if you need to cancel or reschedule for any reason. We ask for at least 24 hours’ notice, as a courtesy, if you need to cancel or reschedule. If you let us know the morning of that you need to cancel or reschedule we evaluate the reason on a case by case basis. If it becomes a problem, we reserve the right charge a fee, up to 50% of your cleaning rate which must be paid in full before your next cleaning.
It happens, we’ll still clean. You can mail a check to our office Green Clean Queen: 3907 SE Belmont St., Portland, OR 97214. Or request a PayPal invoice (there is a 5% fee). Or leave a double payment next time (weekly and bi-weekly clients only). Contact us and we can work something out.
Contact us immediately. We take this very seriously. Please document all damage and email the pictures to us. Please know our employees follow a protocol that anything broken must be immediately reported to the office, no matter how small. If something is broken, we should know about it first at the office and your cleaner should have left you a note about it as well.
No, we don’t expect it. If you want to leave a little monetary appreciation for your cleaner, go right ahead, but leave a separate check or cash for them. Please do not include the tip in the check for the payment of the cleaning.